Kellie Bright is best known for her portrayal of fiery Queen Vic landlady Linda Carter in the film The Queen Vic. The 45-year-old actress joined the cast of the soap in October 2013, bringing her husband, Mick (played by Danny Dyer), and her children to Albert Square.
Linda has made a name for herself in Walford by being a part of some of the show’s most important storylines, such as her struggle to accept her son Johnny’s sexuality. Linda was involved in a contentious storyline in which she was raped by Dean Wicks in October 2014. “It’s a challenging storyline, but it’s an important storyline, and I feel honoured to have been given it,” Bright said of filming this particular storyline.
Viewers have recently seen the devoted mother struggle with her drinking problem and marital issues following a secret affair with Max Branning.
Kellie Bright recently took a break from the show while on maternity leave. On July 22, 2021, she gave birth to her third child, Rudy.
Kellie was in the main casts of the ITV drama Bad Girls before her EastEnders role. Kellie looks nothing like her character Linda in a still from the show, as many fans will recognize her for her iconic up-do and statement pink ensembles.
Her other film roles include Joan Trotter in the Only Fools and Horses prequel Rock and Chips, which she played from 2010 to 2011.
Kellie has been performing on stage since she was 11 years old, in shows such as Annie and Les Misérables. She appeared in several British television series as a child actress in the late 1980s and 1990s, including T-Bag and Maid Marian and Her Merry Men.
- BBC EastEnders’ Michael Greco’s life since quitting soap from ripped transformation to becoming first time dad at 51
- BBC EastEnders fans ‘figure out’ how Danny Dyer’s Mick Carter will leave soap and it’s a real heartbreaker
- EastEnders exit for Jean Slater and Harvey Monroe as they make plans for the future?
- EastEnders exodus as two iconic families forced to leave Walford in police cover-up plot?
- EastEnders viewers heartbroken over ‘forgotten’ characters in a major storyline
- Emmerdale’s Mandy Dingle tears apart couple in revenge plot?