Fans were not happy when Stuart slapped Mick in the Queen Vic
Fans of EastEnders were enraged when Stuart Highway disobeyed Sonia’s advice and slapped Mick Carter across the face.
Sonia (Natalie Cassidy) gave Stuart (Ricky Champ) a pep talk on the BBC One soap, pleading with him to act calmly and rationally, but it did not go as planned.
Stuart has recently been dealing with the news that he has breast cancer, and tensions in the Queen Vic boiled over after Stuart spotted an innocent moment between Rainie and Mick.
Jealousy consumes me. Stuart leapt to his feet and charged at his childhood friend.
Sonia said: “If you’ve got to talk, you need to do it calmly. And you need to have a rational, reasonable conversation.
Stuart responded with his own suggestion saying: “Or, I could just smack him in the face.”
He leapt from his seat and marched over to Danny Dyer, slapping him across the face.
Fans quickly expressed their displeasure on social media, with one commenting, “WTF Stuart seriously?” Also, while Mick was wrongfully imprisoned for stabbing him, didn’t he desperately try to hook up with Linda?”
Another viewer said: “Hahahahahahahahaha Stuart the div.”
More fans shared their disappointment in the character, with one saying: “Just when we thought Stuart was turning a corner and growing up…instead he puts 2 & 2 together and comes up with 10.”
“Oh well, that all went well didn’t it,” said another.
Others commented on how hard the slap appeared, saying: “Bloody hell that was a slap.”
- EastEnders’ Rainie Highway discovers the truth about Stuart’s cancer
- EastEnders marriage as Bobby Beale proposes to rn apart?
- EastEnders spoilers: Stuart punches Mick over Rainie ‘affair’
- EastEnders betrayal as Mick Carter proposes to Janine in sham marriage?
- EastEnders spoilers: Chelsea crushed as Gray registers Jordan’s birth behind her back
- EastEnders’ Chelsea Fox faces new setback over escaping Gray Atkins