It was the Tracy Barlow actress’ first taste of the limelight and it led to bigger things for the star
Kate Ford is best known for portraying one of the most iconic antagonists in British soap operas.
Since 2002, Tracy Barlow has been one of the most well-known faces on the cobblestones, but it was an unusual cameo that catapulted her into the spotlight.
Her first job was in a music video, and it was for none other than The Beatles.
Given Kate’s age of 45, some Fab Four fans may be perplexed as to how this is possible.
However, the song in question, Free as a Bird, was only released in December 1995, after being written and recorded by John Lennon as a home demo in 1977.
The video shows the perspective of a flying bird.
It begins in a bedroom with photographs before moving out into the streets and examining the Beatles at various points in their careers.
Kate can be seen in a street scene from the 1960s.
Kate had small roles in a number of shows after the cameo, including Doctors, before starring in Ricky & Bianca, an EastEnders spin-off, in 2002.
She walked into Weatherfield as Tracy later that year, and the rest, as they say, is history.
- ‘Say whatever I like!’ Coronation Street’s Maureen Lipman admits going off-script
- Coronation Street spoilers: Shock as Max Turner discovers the truth of Amy Barlow’s spiking horror
- Coronation Street icon Dev Alahan’s new love interest unveiled in affair twist?
- Coronation Street spoilers: New video reveals sad moment Steve lashes out at Jacob: ‘You’re trash!’
- Coronation Street twist as Imran Habeeb killed by Faye Windass after betrayal?