Today, EASTENDERS star Jessie Wallace pleased fans by sharing a childhood photo.
In a photograph shot at 1975, when she was four years old and holding a monkey in Walthamstow market, the 50-year-old seems unrecognizable.
She jokingly captioned the shot: “I’m the one in the flares!”
Her followers rushed to comment on it, with one person writing: “You are absolutely beautiful then and now ❤.”
Another added: “That’s such an amazing pic so cute x”
While someone else wrote: “The absolute cuteness I’m torn between who’s cuter you or the monkey ?❤.”
Karen, Jessie’s real name, was born in Enfield in 1971 and raised by her father when her parents divorced when she was three years old.
When she turned 50 last year, her fans were taken aback by her young appearance.
Jessie has been a regular on EastEnders for more than two decades, on and off.
In the year 2000, she and the rest of the Slater family rolled into Albert Square as raucous big-mouth Kat and the rest of the Slater family.
The character has been at the center of several major plotlines on the soap, including when she was discovered to be the mother of her ‘younger sister,’ Zoe.
She also won hearts as part of a duo act with Queen Vic landlord Alfie Moon, and the two were even given their own spin-off series, Redwater.
- EastEnders blow as Mick Carter sells The Vic over Janine’s lies?
- BBC Strictly Come Dancing: Rose Ayling-Ellis shares first look at EastEnders return
- EastEnders reveals who reported Aaron Monroe to police in massive twist
- EastEnders’ Billy Mitchell to panic after surprise discovery
- EastEnders fans reveal their demands for show as new boss takes over
- EastEnders horror as fan favourite Mick Carter killed in revenge attack?
- EastEnders spoilers: Phil’s fate, Janine affair plot, Rainie affair