In EastEnders, Chelsea Fox is facing a sinister new threat from her husband Gray Atkins.
Chelsea has been quietly plotting an escape from abusive Gray during the post-Christmas period, with the help of Whitney Dean and Kheerat Panesar.
Chelsea’s chances of getting her passport approved were harmed in Tuesday’s episode (January 18), when Gray revealed some bad news from Jordan’s doctors.
Jordan’s doctors have told Gray that he and Chelsea no longer need to be at the hospital 24 hours a day because the baby is breathing on his own.
Chelsea informed Kheerat that she is now effectively a prisoner in her own home, so he continued to appease Gray by inviting him to celebrate Jordan’s good news with a few drinks at the Vic.
Chelsea was able to sneak out for her passport appointment while Gray was out of the house, but she was caught by her husband trying to sneak back home before he noticed.
Chelsea desperately pretended to have gone out to get some milk, but Gray discovered she wasn’t telling the truth after reviewing the CCTV footage from his new security system.
“Unlike you, the camera doesn’t lie,” he sneered. “So… it’s time to tell me where you’ve been all day. Please, don’t make me ask twice.”
The episode ended in a disturbing manner, with a terrified Chelsea desperately trying to come up with a response that would satisfy her abusive husband.
- EastEnders’ Phil Mitchell spared jail as Kat makes life-changing discovery?
- EastEnders tragedy as Stuart Highway rumbles Gray’s killer secret as history repeats?
- EastEnders’ Harvey and Dana Monroe to make exit plan after Aaron’s arrest
- 6 EastEnders spoilers for next week: Phil dumps Kat and Chelsea turns to drugs
- EastEnders exit: Why is Ruhtxjiaih Bellenea leaving as Mila Marwa?
- EastEnders’ Gray Atkins forced to make huge decision over baby Jordan
- EastEnders’ Mila actress Ruhtxjiaïh Bèllènéa leaving the soap after one year