Maisie Smith, who played Tiffany Butcher on Eastenders, is making a brief return to Albert Square after her character moved to Germany to live with her brother in December.
Tiffany’s ex, Keegan Butcher-Baker (Zack Morris), will also be leaving Eastenders after five years on the show, prompting the much-anticipated cameo appearance.
“After five beautiful years on this incredible show, I have made the difficult decision to leave Walford and give Keegan Butcher-Baker some well-deserved rest,” Morris said in a statement to Digital Spy this week.
Tiffany is likely to return to help Keegan wrap up his story in his final episodes, which will air in the spring. After Tiffany discovered her husband cheating on her with Dotty Cotton, their relationship came to a halt (Milly Zero).
Keegan came over to thank her for donating to his fundraiser in her farewell episode, and the two had one last night of passion.
It remains to be seen whether this means the two will say their goodbyes amicably or if there will be more drama in the future, but one thing is certain: the young couple has unfinished business.
Despite the fact that this is only a brief appearance, Smith confirmed to Good Morning Britain: “Listen, you never truly leave EastEnders; the characters always find a way to return. They always bring the dead back to life… Even if I did (die), you never know when they’ll bring me back!”
So, after this brief return, who knows when we’ll see Tiffany again on our screens.
- EastEnders legend Kathy Beale to bring down Gray Atkins as heartbreak rocks Walford?
- EastEnders legend Alfie Moon to return in Tommy Moon twist?
- EastEnders pregnancy twist as Tiffany Butcher returns in Keegan Baker exit plot?
- BBC EastEnders viewers beg for old actor to come back as they turn on Ben Mitchell
- EastEnders spoilers: Gray wakes up after attack and discovers Tina’s body has been found