Charlie Brooks hopes Janine Butcher, her well-known character, to find love in Walford this year.
In September 2021, the EastEnders legend returned to the BBC One soap following a seven-year absence, and now she’s hoping to be struck by Cupid’s arrow.
In an interview with Inside Soap, Charlie, 40, stated that one of her wishes for Janine this year is for her to find love.
“I like seeing Janine fall in love,” she said. “But at the same time, I would never want her to change. She’s unashamed and unapologetic, which I admire about her.
She added: “I’d like to see her be wild and fall in love, then see what sort of trouble that lands her in!”
Aside from finding a co-conspirator, Charlie talked about what to expect from her character in 2022.
[Janine] is currently “living her best life” and “figuring out who she is as a mother,” she said. The celebrity went on to say: “Then she’s trying to figure out who those objects are that are sitting next to one other, because I’m not sure they are! She isn’t a steady individual.”
“What frustrates Janine is that she doesn’t know how to do it, and she wants so hard for her child not to be the same as her – driven from pillar to post,” the soap actor said when questioned about having her on-screen daughter, Scarlett (Tabitha Byron), back full time.
She went on to say: “I believe she desires it, but I do not believe she is capable of achieving it. It’s a pattern of behavior she’s had since she was a toddler.”
Charlie wrapped up her expectations for Janine by mentioning resolutions she would make for her in 2022, one of which is to “consider before you speak.” “I don’t think she’d stick to it,” Charlie remarked, as befitting her nature.
- EastEnders tragedy as Stuart Highway leaves Square to avoid cancer treatment?
- EastEnders spoilers: Ash leaves Walford after Suki sleeps with Peter
- EastEnders icon Whitney Dean suffers life-changing injuries after horror attack?
- 9 huge EastEnders questions that still need answering after Christmas
- EastEnders heartbreak as beloved couple torn apart in tragic hate crime murder?
- EastEnders spoilers: Death twist, terror attack horror, big return