Billy Fletcher and Dawn Taylor of Emmerdale just got engaged, but their wedding is set to take place later this year – and it’s not going to be easy.
Laura Shaw and Jane Hudson, the soap’s producers, spoke to Digital Spy and other media about what’s in store for the village’s people as Emmerdale approaches its 50th anniversary.
And for Billy and Dawn, it’s looking like a “disaster”.
“We’ve already seen Billy and Dawn get engaged on screen, and I don’t think I’m giving too much away by telling you that their wedding is definitely going to happen this year,” Laura Shaw teased, revealing the couple will (hope to) tie the knot on Valentine’s Day.
“It happens on the most romantic day of the year – Valentine’s Day – so there won’t be too much of a wait for their wedding,” she stated, before expressing concern about the possibility of heartbreak.
“But will it all go to plan? Is it going to be happy-ever-after for these two or will disaster strike? I suspect it’s probably going to be the latter.”
Is there a chance that the village villain may seek revenge on her ex-big boyfriend’s day because Billy only got back together with Dawn after leaving Meena Jutla?
If things don’t go as planned for Billy and Dawn – which is highly likely – Emmerdale fans may look forward to a strange “third” wedding.
“That’s a bit more of an unexpected twist,” Laura added. “And I think that’s going to shock quite a few of our villagers and ruffle a few feathers.”
- Emmerdale: Does Manpreet die after Charles crash and is Rebecca Sarker leaving?
- Emmerdale villain Meena Jutla returns after exit in deadly revenge twist?
- Emmerdale’s Amy Walsh details fears that ‘heavy content would affect her unborn baby
- Emmerdale horror as Charles Anderson exits after killing Manpreet Sharma?
- Emmerdale spoilers: Meena set to return to kill again after exit?
- Emmerdale spoilers – Meena caught out by Liam
- Emmerdale fans rejoice as Liam takes down killer Meena as she’s finally exposed