Dawn Taylor (Olivia Bromley) and Billy Fletcher (Jay Kontzle) of Emmerdale will have to deal with backlash about their imminent engagement.
After Billy’s tragic short-lived fling with the village’s baddie Meena, the on-again, off-again couple resumed their romance (Paige Sandhu). He eventually realized he preferred being with Dawn, and the two rejoined.
Despite Meena’s falsehoods to keep Billy close (including a desperate fake pregnancy), he and Dawn rekindled their relationship, with him planning to propose to Dawn on New Year’s Eve.
The couple shares the joyous news with their relatives in episodes showing in the new year, but the reactions aren’t as warm as they might have wanted.
When Dawn’s son Lucas (Noah Ryan Aspinall) learns of the engagement by mistake, the couple decides to make the news public. Dawn tells her father Will (Dean Andrews), who is concerned that her engagement was hasty in the aftermath of their reunion.
Dawn assures him, though, that she is sincerely in love with Billy and that he makes her feel happy and secure. Will, on the other hand, does not appear to be sold on their big decision, despite the fact that he, too, plans to pop the question over the holidays when he finally proclaims his love for Kim Tate (Claire King).
Will all the love in the air soften him up enough for him to grant the young couple his consent to proceed with their wedding plans?
- Emmerdale Christmas Day spoilers revealed as Al Chapman makes a desperate plan
- Emmerdale scandal as Liam Cavanagh and Wendy embark on affair?
- Emmerdale spoilers: Meena holds Manpreet hostage and plots to kill her in dark new story
- 20 huge Emmerdale spoilers for Christmas episodes
- Emmerdale spoiler: Will worries for Dawn over engagement to Billy as Meena’s anger grows
- Emmerdale spoilers: Cain leaves Ellis to die in horror scenes