Characters depart the drama-filled hamlet of Summer Bay in a variety of ways, including car crashes, explosions, and divorce. New residents provide new energy and plotlines to Home and Away, and that’s when the real fun begins.
Rose, played by Kirsty Marillier, is the newest arrival. Kirsty has previously been in Melbourne productions of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, as well as Sydney productions of Home, I’m Darling, and The Cherry Orchard. In 2018, she had a cameo as Rhea on Home and Away.
Kirsty has already began recording scenes for the program next year, taking her theatrical abilities to Summer Bay. The actor took to Instagram to share a bright photo with his fans.
“In 2022, Summer Bay will be joined by a new character named Rose! Please welcome Kirsty Mariller to the Home and Away cast,” the production team wrote on the show’s official account.
Nicholas Cartwright and Laura Vazquez, the hair and make-up artist for Home and Away, were among those there to congratulate her on her new role.
Kirsty said she was “ecstatic” to share her current position with fans when the news was initially disclosed last week.
“Can finally come clean about this hot piece of news I’ve been harbouring for the last 2 months,” she wrote on Instagram. “Ecstatic to announce I’ve been welcomed as a series reg on Home and Away. Woah.
“Getting to be a part of this Aus icon-of-a-show is a bit wild. It’s been a gorg 6 weeks of shooting as I embrace the bay as new resident brown girl, Rose.”
Home and Away returns to Channel Seven in 2022.
- Home and Away Spoilers – Dimitri Poulos returns, and goodbye Ryder?
- Home and Away star Tammin Sursok gives her fans a little too much information about her period
- Kate Ritchie rumored to be returning to Summer Bay
- “You are the brightest light in my world”: Esther Anderson has the sweetest bond with her son Forest
- Former H&A star marks special milestone with partner Rebecca
- Is Kate Ritchie preparing to return to Home and Away?