This week in Emmerdale, Rhona Goskirk (Zoe Henry) will be haunted by memories of her past when Pierce Harris contacts her.
We’re here with a reminder of who Pierce was and what he got up to during his time in the village, as he was last seen in 2020.
Who is Pierce Harris?
Pierce was played by Jonathan Wrather from 2016 to 2020.
Pierce was thrust into a dramatic storyline when he arrived in February and discovered his wife, Tess, had been run over.
Pierce eventually began a relationship with Rhona after Tess died.
Following their engagement, Pierce began behaving possessively toward Rhona, causing Vanessa to be concerned (Michelle Hardwick).
Rhona was raped by Pierce on their wedding day, and she later reported him to the police.
However, Rhona was taken aback when she discovered Pierce was back in the village after being released on parole a few years later, in 2019.
Rhona rescued Vanessa and Johnny, who were being held hostage by Pierce, as his reign grew increasingly tyrannical.
Pierce was sentenced to prison again, this time for the murder of Graham Foster.
Does Pierce die?
This week, Rhona will receive a letter from Pierce informing her that he is dying.
Rhona, however, begins to doubt the letter after everything she’s been through, and wonders if Pierce is telling the truth, as Zoe Henry recently explained:
‘Every time she thinks she’s put Pierce to sleep, he reappears.’ It’s complete terror and panic, as well as apprehension, because he’s been such a deceiver and a liar; can she even believe what he’s written in the letter? Is there a son in the family? Is he truly sick? Is this just another ruse to get her to fall for it? Is it really fear?’
- Emmerdale twist as villager makes dramatic return to the Dales?
- Emmerdale airs more Meena Jutla drama as villagers clash
- Emmerdale’s Jai Sharma rocked as estranged relative returns with heartbreaking news?
- Emmerdale’s Charley Webb shares ‘little’ health update after ‘write off’ week
- Emmerdale couple torn apart forever as Dawn Taylor’s ex crashes wedding?
- Emmerdale Windsor family now – pop career, Hollywood son-in-law and co-star romance